The mobile application development is on an exponential growth. The application industry is blooming with efficient mobile app developers, but, one thing that needs special mention is the type of the mobile application. Non -technical business entrepreneurs get in a tizzy when they have to decide which type of mobile application they should go for. If you are someone who is still confused about which mobile app is right for you this article may help you. There are three types of mobile app development available:
- 1. Hybrid mobile app development
- 2. Native mobile app development
- 3. Web-based mobile app development
All of them come with their own set of advantages and features. It solely depends on the target audience that you want to reach. The major tussle is between native apps and hybrid apps. According to the statistics in past one year 50% applications are being developed on hybrid as it covers a greater consumer base. This clearly indicates that the market of hybrid applications is growing bigger by the day and is not going anywhere in the near future.
What is a Hybrid App?
A hybrid application can be described as a blend of native as well as web-based applications. It is an enhanced platform which involves a lot of advanced technologies and methodologies. It can be easily implemented on multiple or cross platforms. The application development is also fast, simple and economical. They help your business to grow and reach a large number of customers.
Now let us answer few questions that will give you an idea of why the hybrid app can be the right option for you:
What is one thing that all the business entrepreneurs want from their application?
The answer is same for almost all of the entrepreneurs that their application should reach a maximum number of people. The higher the users the greater is the success rate of an application. With hybrid mobile apps, you have a win-win situation. You are covering a greater global consumer base and generating higher traffic for your application. Another point with a hybrid application is that the developers who work on this are highly efficient and dexterous. This leads to the creation of a top-notch mobile app.
What is the timeline for your project?
Gone are the days when only a limited number of mobile applications existed in the market. Now the times have completely changed and for each business idea, there is numerous number of entrepreneurs ready for an app. In this throat cutting competition, everyone wants to be a winner. Hybrid apps are fast to make and they cover a larger user base. If you have limited time and want your app to hit the market as soon as possible then hybrid app is what you should be going for. It will allow you to get an app faster and hit the market before the idea gets stale.
What is the budget for your application?
If you go with the conventional methods of development and get a native app developed for each platform you will be pitching out a lot of money. If you have that kind of money to splurge then go ahead and get a native app developed. On the other hand, a hybrid app will not cost you a fortune and will offer the same type of performance. Hybrid apps utilize the assorted libraries and varying set of tools that make the development faster and cheaper.
What is the platform you are targeting?
Another thing that you need to analyze is the platform that you are targeting. If you are targeting one specific platform and have the money to develop and maintain it in the long run then a native app is a better option. In case you are running short of time, resources and money and targeting multiple platforms then Hybrid app development should be your pick.
Advantages of a hybrid mobile app:
- Application maintenance: When the mobile application is running the next thing that comes into the picture is the maintenance. Hybrid mobile apps are easy to maintain and doesn’t cost as much. Native apps are costly to develop and the same goes for their maintenance.
- The user experience: Hybrid application offers good user experience irrespective of the platform. They tend to seamlessly blend in with each platform thus making it easier for the users to navigate. If your application is simple and doesn’t involve a lot of advanced device features like camera, GPS other then a hybrid app can even compete a native app.
- Single codebase: Hybrid apps have just one code that is implemented on various platforms. The developers do not have to worry about maintaining or changing two different codebases. It is just one code that is tweaked a bit, to work on another platform.
- Scaling is easier: Another notable factor about a hybrid application is that they are easy to scale. If you have developed a hybrid app for one platform you can easily make it for the other. These applications are based on cross-platform this makes it easier to integrate with all other platforms.
- Access to device features: Hybrid apps also allow the access to the device features just like native apps. This is made possible with the use of technologies like phone gap that acts as a bridge between native SDK and the hybrid web view on which the app is running.
If we keep listing about the disadvantages and advantages of the native and hybrid app then there will be no end. The only factor that can decide which app is better for your business venture is you. You need to decide and focus on four major factors that are budget, time, targeted platforms and the end users. A hybrid app works best when you have limited time, scarcity of resources and a tight budget. These problems are easily solved by the cross-platform technology. The hybrid app development sector is gaining momentum at a fast pace and in the near future, it will just get better with time.